Aug 25, 2022

How and why someone ends up being dehydrated is a subject on my mind.  After our Devil Pup Awards night, honoring 27 recent Devil Pup graduates from the prestigious and difficult summer camp at Camp Pendleton, California,  I went to look for something out of one of my plastic tubs, felt light headed, sat down and fainted!  Wow - never happened to me before in my long life.  Someone called 911, an ambulance arrived, and I was taken to the ER.  A non-family member was allowed into my ER room creating a lot of stress giving faulty information and invading my privacy, so it was not a restful night. After lab tests and a cat scan, it turned out to be dehydration -  so I am hydrating.  It's because of a medication prescribed for me in April by an orthopedic doctor.  Beware if you are prescribed Meloxicam.  It can mess up kidneys quickly.  A couple days after the fainting episode, I came down with a virus.  Caught me when I was down!  I'm rarely sick and I'm impatient with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment