Oct 25, 2021

Fall Cleaning

I’m not sure why the spring cleaning bug bit in fall this year.  But he took a big chomp out of me!  After completing the refresh of my master bedroom, I tackled my office and craft room.  I have a wall of cupboards for scrapbooking and card making supplies, two desks, a 6’ tall shelving unit and an island in the center of the room.  I had planned to wait until I had finished Marine Corps League historian albums and my own heritage albums before tackling that room, but the cleaning bug wasn’t waiting.



Over the 20+ years I’ve been scrapbooking, I’ve collected a lot of “stuff.”  (That is an understatement in case you haven't heard one.)  I was either past various subjects in my crafts or I simply had too many – a lot of which were papers.  I have a paper addiction!  Almost all of my unneeded supplies were donated to the Pottery Club of SunRiver, the Card Class at SunRiver, a couple friends, the Senior Center in St. George and a few things to The Hope Chest, a local charity thrift shop.  It was a huge job and took quite a while but now I’m glad it’s done because it’s much easier to use the room.

I’ve caught up on the MCL historian albums and am working on a Christmas project now before I’ll get back into my heritage albums.  I have done a lot with my heritage, from my Phelps ancestors as original settlers – up to my 6th grade pages.  Just a few years to go!  (To reach my age of 29, you know.)

Only thing left is to reduce my closet.  Much better than buying more hangers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment