Aug 1, 2017

A New Devil Pup Annual Award

On July 29th, I attended the graduation of Devil Pups' second increment at Camp Pendleton, California.  It was my first year of Devil Pups without my Marine.  It was a bittersweet experience - Bill was honored in several ways and I heard from several Marines how much they respected him.  At the graduation ceremony at Camp Pendleton a new annual award was given to the Pup graduate who exhibited the most persistence and it comes with a $200 cash award.  It is to be called "The Col. Bill Toole Award," and I was honored to be the first presenter of this award.  

We graduated 10 pups this year from St. George - and one of them, Alena, earned a Physical Fitness Award, for reaching the perfect score of 400 (push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and a mile run).  She is our first female award winner and the third in 10 years of SoUtah Devil Pups.



No comments:

Post a Comment